NextMove is a collaborative network of missions leaders working to create innovative solutions for the unique challenges of global migration. This inititative originally began in 2014 as a partnership between Frontier Ventures (formally the U.S. Center for World Mission) and Converge Global. Representatives from these two agencies facilitated a gathering of "diaspora champions" from over two dozens missions organizations. At this gathering, agency partners identified seven areas of concern for which they wanted to pursue solutions:
- The mobilization and funding of diaspora workers
- Mapping and tracking the diaspora issues related to returnees
- Communicating and casting vision for diaspora
- Collaboration and partnership opportunities
- Training resources and best practices for diaspora missions
- Organizational models and processes for diaspora engagement
NextMove partners then spent the next four years in work groups developing solutions to these shared organizational challenges. In 2018, NextMove integrated the work from these partners into a formal consulting process that helps agencies to evaluate their current situation and implement the changes necessary to engage more effectively in diaspora missions.
Our unique focus and expertise is on the organizational level that exists between missiology and practice. We help missions entities to gain conceptual clarity, organizational alignment, and the necessary tools and strategies for effectiveness in diaspora missions.