Finance Associate – Level 2
As support for the Perspectives Study Program National staff, the Finance Associate Level 2 position will be responsible for higher levels of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, monthly reconciliations, troubleshoot bill payment processes, W9 records, and annual 1099 reporting, assisting with annual donation summaries, and assisting with the annual audit.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency on computers and MS Office suite
- Proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in Quickbooks
- Communicate consistently with leaders (and with project team members as needed), remotely and in person
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines
- Participate in additional work training as deemed appropriate
Minimum Physical Requirements
- The duties of this job frequently require the worker to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to carry small loads of supplies (no larger than 25 pounds) for setting up staff events.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completed Perspectives course at a certificate or credit level
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Perspectives Vision, Mission and Values, Perspectives content, and the broader mobilization of World Christians
- Minimum 2 years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting
- Prefer working knowledge of online expense management programs
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a team player
- Self-motivated, self-directed learner
- Detail oriented
- Create monthly Accounts Receivable reports
- Follow up on unclaimed checks, make and record stop payments
- Reconcile monthly bank statement
- Verify and transfer credit card transactions to Quickbooks
- Reconcile monthly credit card statement
- Reconcile or report any differences found on the financial records
- Research and resolve accounting issues as requested
- Basic journal entries as requested
- Assist in Year End audit tasks
- Prepare 1099 report for annual filing with IRS
- Train and answer user questions
- Ongoing communication with Regional and National staff
- Notify and work with IT staff on website issues
- Produce reports as requested by management
- Perform related and other duties as assigned
- Attend weekly organizational wide staff meeting and any team related meeting as determined by supervisor
- Complete compliance training as scheduled by Human Resources