The Missiology Catalyst serves to promote missiological reflection and engagement within the Frontier Ventures (FV) and William Carey International University (WCIU) movements and beyond. Connect and engage the worldwide frontier mission community to cultivate and catalyze collaborative efforts for: learning; sharing of information, vision, and strategies; advancement of effective collaborative efforts; stimulation of new thinking and study of current effective and relevant ministries to catalyze Movements to Jesus. To engage and include a broad range of involvement including people from non-majority "voices" such as but not limited to women, younger individuals, people from the Global South. Effectively work with Frontier Ventures and William Carey University to involve target audiences in the discussion and sharing of the results of findings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency on computers and MS Office suite
- Participate in additional work training as deemed appropriate
- Communicate consistently with leaders (and with project team members as needed), remotely and in person
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines
- Ethical conduct
- Ability to supervise other employees
- Dependable, with the ability to be flexible, and a team builder
- Open to wide-ranging spiritual heritages and expressions of spirituality
- Open to challenging traditional and comfortable spiritual heritages and expressions
Minimum Physical Requirements
- The duties of this job frequently require the worker to sit for extended periods of time.
- The duties of this job occasionally require the worker to travel by car, plane, etc with or without accommodation.
- Must have the ability to type written communication, speak and hear with clarity to facilitate good communication in virtual meetings.
- PhD related to mission preferred.
- Previous leadership and management experience preferred.
- Received official acceptance as a member of the FMF religious order.
- Must be able to raise funds through ministry partner development for the organization.
- Available for ministry partner development and organizational event travel as needed.
- Preference towards workers with previous ministry experience.
- Facilitate internal missiological discussion and learning via Monday Huddles and Friday Missiology sessions.
- Catalyze more diversity in our missiological voice: younger people, women, global south, etc.
- Utilize accepted fundamental FV missiological documents to effectively guide and integrate missiological efforts across FV/WCIU.
- Help FV/WCIU find processes or ways to become a more intentional "missio-hermeneutical" community using various forms of communication such as but not limited to blogs, Teams calls, etc.
- Work with all FV/WCIU ministries such as publications, Winter Launch Lab, Communications and others in order to coordinate and integrate our missiological voice internally and externally.
- Create and develop avenues of missiological interaction and collaboration between FV’s various Catalysts and regional Hubs, in order to promote missiological clarity and unity.
- Manage and facilitate relationships between Associates and their duties.
- Manage work within budget and ensure department is working within budget.
- Build healthy team culture
- Manage team workflow, schedules, and performance
- Hire and train new staff
- Develop team and team members
- Maintain required levels of ministry support through regular time in ministry partner development
- Commitment to following the outlined Frontier Mission Fellowship Essentials
- Adhere to the Policies and Procedures of the Organization
- Provide support and resourcing to direct reports for their commitments to ministry partner development and the FMF Essentials
- Completes compliance training as scheduled by Human Resources.
- Attend weekly organization wide staff meeting and any team related meetings as determined necessary by supervisor.
- Perform related and other duties as assigned.