HR Administrative Assistant
The Human Resources Admin Assistant provides general HR support to the Human Resources Department including benefits administration, payroll, onboarding, off-boarding HRIS system input and maintenance, compliance, safety, HR reporting. May provide general administrative support as needed, including record-keeping, and file maintenance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of administrative assistant or related experience
- Prior HR experience
- Motivation to move the organizational mission forward
- Alignment with the stated values of the organization
- Process bi-weekly payroll for staff, maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, entering data, and distributing checks, addressing tax issues and new tax ID set up.
- Makes changes in the HRIS system for employee salary, benefit deductions, 403-B, garnishments/liens, job status updates.
- Monitors, tracks and resolves payroll issues in collaboration with the finance team and internal payroll service provider.
- Coordinates onboarding of new staff including, offer letters, background checks, new hire paperwork, creation of personnel files and timekeeping training.
- Coordinates employee exit process, working closely with finance and department managers to execute a clean exit.
- Assist in the execution of programs that will measure satisfaction, morale, and engagement.
- Assist in the education and execution of safety initiatives/trainings/programs.
- Assists in the administration of employee health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and HRIS system to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Reconciles insurance billing on a monthly basis working with Finance and insurance providers to correct any outstanding billing issues.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Processes required paperwork for employee transfers, changes in job classification, salary increases, and other related employment matters.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation. Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of Human Resources files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides support in all other special HR initiatives as needed.